Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Wood, Hay and Stubble Workout


My workout program has been going along quite well. I started withe a workout based on the book, The New Rules of Lifting. In May I swiched to a classic 5x5 workout. Both gave me good results.

Right now I'm doing what I call the wood, hay and stubble workout. I chop wood one day, put hay up into the barn another. The stubble part of the workout is primarily cardio. It occurs when my Big White Dog escapes and I get to chase him through my neighbor's cut over corn field. The last time this happened was last Sat.

I was leaving the horses out to the field after feeding them when Tucker the Big White Dog saw an opportunity and rushed the gate. Too surprised to reach fast enough I had to wait until all the horses were out before I could begin the chase. He zig zagged the back field before crossing into the field next door giving me the chance I needed to try and catch up. Fortunately a trespassing hunter had killed a doe sometime during the week. After he cut the head off he must have beat feet leaving it behind. I grabbed it and went over the fence with it. It worked like a charm. Tucker just could not resist a deer head gladly giving up his freedom for such a prize.

Lifting weights in the comfort of my garage is much easier. .



Digg!


Technorati tags
, , ,

Labels: , ,