Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Friday, November 09, 2007

The Environmentalists are Winning


We are about to become toast because of global warming. Not because the temperature will fry us but because the cost of paying for it will. The hysteria has overcome enough people that the governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger is willing to sue the EPA because they have not come up with the regulations on greenhouse gases or allowed the State of California to make them up themselves. The Governor is in a panic. He feels if something isn't done now the planet will explode or some such thing. On the same day as this the founder of the Weather Channel, John Coleman, weighed in on the subject.

I do not oppose environmentalism. I do not oppose the political positions of either party. However, Global Warming, i.e. Climate Change, is not about environmentalism or politics. It is not a religion. It is not something you "believe in." It is science; the science of meteorology. This is my field of life-long expertise. And I am telling you Global Warming is a non-event, a manufactured crisis and a total scam. I say this knowing you probably won't believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. So be it.

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.


Just like with the "War on Poverty" and "Preserving Wetlands" we have politicians picking our pockets to pay for something that is better left alone. We have dumped Trillions of dollars in fighting poverty and reaped a whole underclass of people who for generations known nothing but government checks. Yet compared to most of the world our "poor" enjoy a greater standard of living. Huge tracts of land have been protected from development or even from any use at all to save wetlands, i.e. swamps, to protest the environment yet these same swamps generate the very methane that the global warming gurus are claiming are causing the climate change! The fact is they have no more clue about greenhouse gases and their effect on the environment than they do about any other subject.

Let John Colemen sum up what is going on here.

Allow me, please, to explain how I think this all came about. Our universities have become somewhat isolated from the rest of us. There is a culture and attitudes and values and pressures on campus that are very different. I know this group well. My father and my older brother were both PHD-University types. I was raised in the university culture. Any person who spends a decade at a university obtaining a PHD in Meteorology and become a research scientist, more likely than not, becomes a part of that single minded culture. They all look askance at the rest of us, certain of their superiority. They respect government and disrespect business, particularly big business. They are environmentalists above all else.

And, there is something else. These scientists know that if they do research and results are in no way alarming, their research will gather dust on the shelf and their research careers will languish. But if they do research that sounds alarms, they will become well known and respected and receive scholarly awards and, very importantly, more research dollars will come flooding their way.

So when these researchers did climate change studies in the late 90's they were eager to produce findings that would be important and be widely noticed and trigger more research funding. It was easy for them to manipulate the data to come up with the results they wanted to make headlines and at the same time drive their environmental agendas. Then their like minded PHD colleagues reviewed their work and hastened to endorse it without question.

There were a few who didn't fit the mold. They did ask questions and raised objections. They did research with contradictory results. The environmental elitists berated them brushed their studies aside.

I have learned since the Ice Age is coming scare in the 1970's to always be a skeptic about research. In the case of global warming, I didn't accept media accounts. Instead I read dozens of the scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct when I assure you there is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. It is all a scam, the result of bad science.

I am not alone in this assessment. There are hundreds of other meteorologists, many of them PH D's, who are as certain as I am that this global warming frenzy is based on bad science and is not valid.


Sorry to say but his words will fall on deaf ears. There is nothing that will stop the fear mongers and politicians from making a good living at our expense.




Digg!


Technorati tags
, , ,

Labels: , ,