Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Soldier's Dream of Revenge on Zarqawi

I have a good friend who sends me copies of the letters to editors and congress he sends. This one I found to be most worthy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. BTW I have put his Internet name up rather than his real name that accompanies his correspondence.

1 June 2006

Dear Editors and Members of Congress:

In my dreams, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi did not die after the bombing of his "safe house" on June 7, 2006.

Badly injured, he is rushed to an Iraqi medical facility where he is given excellent care. Then, when Mr. Z's condition is stabilized and he is fully cognizant of the situation, he is turned over to government authorities for disposition.

The government finds a close relative of someone Zarqawi has beheaded and invites al Jazeera to send a reporter and camera crew to broadcast the proceedings. The relative is then handed a large, rusty, blunt knife.

At this point, my dream has become a nightmare; and I squirm as the hideously-wronged relative raises the knife, .................... and returns it, unused, to the government officials, saying, " I am a Christian, newly born. This man shall have a trial, and when found guilty shall suffer the consequences, humanely. I am not the despicable, rabid animal he is."

Very Respectfully,

Old Baldy