Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Sunday, May 04, 2008

2008 VIRGINIA STATE IRONMAN


The meet went well. John Shifflett puts together a well run meet. The members of 100% RAW are a big part of what makes these meets enjoyable. Take Justin Vorrasi and Brian Kelleher for an example. They were in a different flight during the Bench Press yet they made sure I had a lift off even though they were warming up for their flight down stairs while I was lifting.

I originally planned to Bench 250 and Dead lift 375 as my top lifts. Training leading up to meet week went so well I raised the third lift for the bench to 260. I hit 250 on the second lift but 260 only went up 2". I hit 375 on the Dead lift as planned. Take a look at the results and you will see I was the oldest competitor, lifting the lowest weight. There were some very strong men at this meet.

I also got to meet two fellows from Crossfit RVA. They were also quite friendly. The photo from the meet is of their lifter, David Powell and from their web site.

http://www.wikio.com




Technorati tags
, ,

Labels: ,