Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fitness Plan Bearing Results.


I'm scheduled to do another powerlifting meet this Sat. I lift in the 100% RAW federation. The meet is the:
2008 VIRGINIA STATE BENCH PRESS, DEADLIFT, IRONMAN
STRICT CURL
American Legion Post #128,
636 Madison Road
Stanardsville, Virginia 22973

I don't do the curl just the Ironman which is two lifts, the Bench Press and Deadlift. I hope to hit 260 and 375 respectively.

I'm real close to having been seriously lifting for two years. At the age of 51 I feel real good. Much better than I did three years ago. At this age I've had to make some adaptations to the normal routines. The biggest change has been placing a download week in every fourth week rather than every sixth or seventh like you young men do.

After this meet I plan on going to another one at the same place under a different federation so I can do my first Powerlift meet. It is a three lift meet starting with the Squat then the Bench Press and Deadlift. If all goes well with my current training plan I may be able to challenge the VA state record for my weight and age.

Getting old is not for wimps.

http://www.wikio.com




Technorati tags
, ,

Labels: ,