Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Michelle Obama Explains her Comments


Michelle Obama finally stops letting other people explain her comments about finally being proud to be an American. I don't see how her explanation fits her previous statement.

"What I was clearly talking about was that I'm proud in how Americans are engaging in the political process," she said.

"For the first time in my lifetime, I'm seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven't seen and really trying to figure this out — and that's the source of pride that I was talking about," she added.


How does "For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change." Fit that explanation. It is real hard to get around the "For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country." Part. I might be a little more charitable about this if it wasn't for the problems Barack has with saluting the flag. For now I will be satisfied with her follow up to the explanation.

When asked if she had always been proud of her country, she replied "absolutely." "Barack and I, our stories wouldn't be possible, if it weren't for fundamental belief and pride in this country and what it stands for."


Still a bit weak. She would have better served herself by acknowledging the great strides America has made over the last decades in making hers and many many other black American's success stories fairly commonplace today.




Digg!


Technorati tags
, , http://www.wikio.com/

Labels: ,