Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


We chose as the motto for our farm "In all things give thanks." This year this has been more than just a part of the logo on the side of the truck. As those of you who know me personally, we entered into a business partnership with people who were opening a gym. The long and short of it is we have had to resort to litigation to solve the problems that we encountered in that endeavor. Regardless of the outcome I can say that both my wife and I have gained from the experience something that will benefit us for the rest of our lives.

I have always been strong and healthy. Not that I've never suffered injury or illness, it's just that those were interludes. When I got into my mid forties however I found I was not recovering from those interludes quite as well as in the past. It was to the point that I began to accept that I would be fat and tired from this day forward.

Along came Ruthless Training. In the course of trying to make it a viable concern I learned how to workout. I found at 50 that proper weight training was restoring the vigorous health that I thought was lost. Now we lift together every other day. My wife has even jumped bareback, no small task. She had stopped jumping altogether because she lost confidence in her strength and balance. I am shoeing more horses yet have little back pain afterwards. The key is I learned how to workout.

Other events have worked to change our lives. The important thing to remember is whatever the circumstance God will tuck a blessing in there somewhere. We chose the motto we have because experience has taught us to look for those blessings as we go through the inevitable troubles of life.

Basil's Blog has a Thanksgiving collection of blog posts.


Digg!


, , , ,