Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Illegal Immigartion Rallies Across the Nation

Monday's protest rallies for illegal immigration are a prelude to what is expected to be the capstone event, the general strike of immigrants both legal and illegal on May 1. We are all supposed to find out that we just can't function without illegals. I gave that some thought this last Monday while they were all down at the Mall in Washington D.C..

I found on the way to town that I missed the white vans with 75 ladders piled on top going 10 miles an hour under the speed limit. I have long since stopped going to fast food places where I can't communicate with the servers except by declaring what number meal I want so I can't say how the service there was effected. A couple of years ago I fired the lawn company that I was using and went back to doing it myself. I just got tired of them weed whacking the bark off my trees and mowing down the rose bushes and having them stare incomprehensibly while I tried to explain what I wanted done. I have to repair the gutters a company I hired to put on my house since the Mexicans they sent out did such a fine job that I keep finding parts on the lawn rather than on the house. I called to complain, but have yet to here from anyone. So I am looking forward to May 1, I already know who will miss whom.

Nothing I read really summed up the absurdity of the whole debate than this quote from an article in The Washington Post:

Calling for legal protection for illegal immigrants, the demonstrators -- the overwhelming majority of them Hispanic -- streamed past the White House in Washington, jammed streets near City Hall in Lower Manhattan, marched in Atlanta, held a small candlelight vigil in Los Angeles and, in Mississippi, sang the civil rights anthem "We Shall Overcome" in Spanish.

emphasis mine

1 Comments:

|
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought for the Day


"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home