Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Monday, December 05, 2005

Patience

It's an old cliché, "Don't pray for patience, you'll only get trouble." When I find myself praying for some virtue it's usually because I find myself in a situation where such a virtue is needed. In times of difficulty I ask for strength. In anxiety I ask for peace . Under stress I ask for patience.

In this world we will have troubles. They come and go as the seasons. Just as I experience plenty and want, I have good times and bad. In light of this I want to ask for all the fruits of the spirit. For them to be manifest, diverse trials will come. Sanctification is a process. I exercise my body over time to build muscle. God prunes my branches so more fruit can grow.

Love, joy , peace , patience, gentleness, goodness, meekness, self control and faithfulness are the fruits of the spirit. Pray for all these. Let God use the seasons of life to make them grow and ripen.

For amusement purposes only:

There is an old saying, "Patience is a virtue found seldom in men, never in women but always in a blacksmith."

99 reasons to visit Attention Span