Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ragean Vs. Obama

In the end more than they wanted freedom, they wanted security. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free. -Edward Gibbon




Hat tip to Old and Cranky for this vid..



http://www.wikio.com




Technorati tags
, , , ,

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

|
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Gibbon. I have made it a goal to reread his History anually. However, I think I'll skip it this year; just too troubling when the parallels between then and now come hitting ever more closely home.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home