Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Great Expectations


Bryan Pick over at Q&O blog has expressed his reaction to this election in the very same manner as I find myself.
What am I doing now, then, in lieu of respectfully joining the celebration? The same thing I've been doing for some time now: thinking.

* I'm thinking about the war in which we are engaged.
* I'm thinking about the financial crisis, and quite frankly I'm thinking about the men who caused a sharp recession to sink into the Great Depression.
* I'm thinking about Supreme Court justices who I believe will, for the rest of their lives, do violence to my fellow Americans' liberties.
* I'm thinking about taxes, and what they'll do to members of my family.
* I'm thinking about all the Democrats who have insisted that the greater their advantage in power over Republicans, the more they will reach across the aisle, so to speak.
* I'm thinking about how to perform a holding action against a Democrat-dominated government.
* I'm thinking about entitlements (including refundable tax credits) that will create their own constituencies of dependents, and become stubbornly entrenched.
* I'm thinking about the other legislative "positive feedback loops" that the Democrats may pass now, rubber-stamping one after the other, to shift the political landscape itself in their favor.
* I'm thinking of the movement we must build to overcome those feedback loops, and to minimize and perhaps reverse this damage.


I also wonder as he does what the masses will be doing when they find the expectations of the campaign are a far cry from the delivered results. Of course any problems will be blamed on the Republicans no matter how much time elapses.

.



http://www.wikio.com




Technorati tags
, , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

|
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>I also wonder as he does what the masses will be doing when they find the expectations of the campaign are a far cry from the delivered results.<<

You mean when the folks find out there really is no Obama-Claus?

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord knows Republiclaus has had a field day taking away American civil liberties on a witch hunt turned war. I'm far less afraid of Obama than I am of four more years of Republican lies and repression.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home