Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Winchester Model 1890

While I'm waiting to here the news as to the status of the Winchester factory in New Haven Conn., I have been pulling out the various Winchesters that we have here at the ranch. One that is a particular joy for my wife is her Model 1890 .22 pump gallery rifle. One more of John Browning's designs


Manufactured in 1911 it was likely owned by an individual rather than a shooting gallery. It has a clean bore and sharp corners and shoots like a dream. She likes the light weight and easy handling. Because it shoots .22 short only, it is silent as a BB gun with no recoil to speak of. Top it all off with its accuracy and you have a very enjoyable weapon for those pesky cans that sit on old logs.

Carnival of Cordite #64 at Spank That Donkey