Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

Discovery launch delayed


Remember that old car that needed constant attention to keep it running? I had one that I spent as much time under as I did behind the wheel. It was always something. Every time I needed to go somewhere I would find some fluid leaking onto the pavement, the engine wouldn't start or a tire was low on air. Eventually I had to face the fact that these were clues telling me I needed a new car.

NASA seems to be facing a similar situation with the space shuttle. If its not sitting on the launch pad waiting for the weather to change, it's dropping pieces on the ground. Time to take the hint and move on to a new project. While they're at it they should move out of Florida so they don't have to wait for good weather to launch during hurricane season.