Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One man and the number 6


Numbers are funny things. They have a fasination all their own. Today being June 6, 2006 has received much attention because of the Biblical significance of 666. There are always coincidences that makes one wonder, but this on is unusual.

(CBS) MANCHESTER, N.H. Paul Porter was born on June 6. He was always good with numbers. He just didn't realize how good.

"A couple of weeks ago, I happened to think about the irony of 6-6-06. And I'll be 66 and I'm 6 feet, 6 inches."

Porter is not superstitious but his friends can't help playing up the notorius number associated with the devil, reports WBZ-TV's Pauline Chiou.

"The exit up Route 93 from Boston, if I'm coming home is exit 6. So we have a lot of coincidences."

Potter is well known at Manchester City Hall. He was the tax assessor and an alderman at one point.

What ward did he represent? Ward 6.

Standing tall at 6-feet, 6-inches, he dismisses all the Doomsday theories.

"I don't believe the world is going to end because I have 12 years left on my mortgage," he said. "I don't think the bank would allow it."

An Army veteran, Porter has his birthday on his Veterans license plate. It is a reminder of one of the most important days in American history: the allied invasion of Normandy in World War II.

"I often think of the significance of D-Day more than anything else."

But this year, he's just having fun with the numbers.

By the way, did we tell you he has six grandchildren?