Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sheryl Bowen in Memorial

Today I attended the memorial service for an old friend. Sheryl Bowen and I met at a horseshoe supply store. She had recently graduated from a farrier school in Kentucky. It was one of those friendships that started immediately. She was one of those people that I found to be nutty enough to be fun to be with.

Though we were of the opposite sex we remained just friends which is often difficult to do. She rented from me and worked for me until 1986. She later married and had twin daughters. Then while working for another farrier she was injured in an auto accident that ended her career as a farrier. I can say that this event more than any had the most profound effect on her.

She later founded Roses4Vets and is well rememberd by many because of it.

She will be missed, but I know I will see her again.

Other memorials:
Obituaries
Horse Lover

4 Comments:

|
Blogger River Rat said...

Sorry for your loss.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Xyba said...

Thank you for your kind words.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was shocked to find this as I lived in Manassas, VA and was very close to Sherrie in the mid-80's. I would greatly appreciate it if you would please email me at ajmultimedia@gmail.com.

She was a very special person.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home