Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sarcophagus Painted With Homeric Scenes Discovered


During construction a tomb possably dated at the time of Homer was discovered. Altough its valuable artifacts have been looted it's walls are decorated with vivid scenes from the epics of Homer.

A 2,500-year-old sarcophaguswith vivid color illustrations from Homer's epics has been discovered in western Cyprus, archaeologists said Monday.

Painting such as these can reveal details of life lost from antiquity.

1 Comments:

|
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first scanned the headline, I thought it said 'homoerotic' pictures were found. Then I read further and realized it was about Homer. But when I looked at the picutre, it didn't look anything like Bart or Lisa, so now I don't know WHAT its all about....
;)

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home