Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Monday, November 21, 2005

Chickens

I'm considering raising chickens. Well my wife suggested it so I have to think about it.

We have had chickens, and there are good things about them. They give eggs, they kind of look cool wandering around the place and they eat bugs. They eat other things too.

Chuck any leftover into the barn yard and the chickens will descend on it like piranha. We opened a empty feed bag to find some mice trapped inside. My wife dumped the mice into the center of the three cats that were lounging in the barn. Before the cats knew what happened, several chickens had pounced and gobbled up the mice. The chickens will form a skirmish line and sweep the yard for bugs. Small birds are fair game. I've seen chickens fight over a bird head. A chicken will eat anything that doesn't eat it first. They will eat each other if they can get away with it. They love eggs. If a chicken were five feet tall, it would be the dominate species because it will have eaten everything else.

I never fell sorry for eating chicken. It's a matter of survival.

Conservative Cat has more Funny Stuff