Once More Into the Breach

Finding Nonsense and Beating it Sensible

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

I used to watch TV news and yell at the box. Now I jump up from the couch, sit at the computer and begin to type laughing maniacally saying "Wait until they read this." It's more fun than squashing tadpoles



Free Kareem


Subscribe to Once More Into the Breach

http://www.wikio.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Judge Calls Mans Bluff


Army could keep New York man out of jail

AP reports a Judge in NY says a man convicted of assault has 30 days to enlist in the military or face a year in jail. This is not a join or jail sentence, the Judge is calling the man's bluff. His lawyer claimed that putting his client on probation would prevent him from realizing his plan to join the army. So the Judge gave him the opportunity to do so.

I doubt the army will have him.

I imagine he's thinking probation wasn't such a bad deal after all.